Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Apartment Furniture - We Found Our Couch!

As I mentioned in a this post - I am finally moving into my own place, and with that comes the joy of furniture shopping. I was looking for a comfy, modern, basic sofa that didn't break the bank. We had finally found one, and on the day we were meant to go and purchase it, we decided that a sectional might be more appropriate for lounging and relaxing. I still thought I'd share with you the sofa we had selected, but won't buy and the sectional we found!

The Sofa
The sofa is an easy clean microfiber, but it really doesn't feel like it - which we like. The color choices are pretty neutral and the shape is pretty basic, but it's a great basic couch to accessorize with throw pillows and blankets. 
Macy's Kenton Sofa in Sage

(It rarely ever stays at the full price of $999)

The Sectional
Here's our beauty it's also from Macy's. We got this in the two-piece (without the Chaise) because we found the size more appropriate for our apartment and just love it! We also got a great deal on it and it totally fit our budget, style, and comfort level. We got it on sale for $1299 (108"W x 95"D x 28"H), and unfortunately the sale price went up after Sunday. If you're looking for a sectional on a budget with style and comfort - I'd definitely recommend Macy's Furniture.
Macy's Elliot Sectional Vintage Gray
Current Sale Price $1499 / Our Sale Price $1299 (For 2 pieces)
Color shown: Vintage Gray (but the lighting makes it seen more taupe, its more of a gray in person)


I can't wait to show you the Sectional in its new home - unfortunately both pieces are on back order and there probably is a good chance we'll be couchless for week. Furniture shopping has definitely been more stressful than I ever thought esp. doing it in a matter of weeks, but I'm still enjoying the process.

Hope you're all having a great week so far!

For more information on any of items mentioned visit Macys.com

5 comments

  1. I totally love the Kenton sofa. Thanks for sharing. I bought a Macy's sofa about 10 years ago now and it's still alive. I didn't even pick the best...what is it...A filling? I've been really happy with it. So yup, thumbs up for Macy's furniture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Gigi! We love our new sectional - err part of it! Story on it will be coming soon! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Checking in... we are deciding between the Kenton and Elliot for our new home... do you still like these pieces are they holding up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We love it! I would totally recommend the Elliot! It even holds up to my kitty who likes to claw at things :)

      Delete
  3. I would searching these type of info for my hotel furniture idea's...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you :)