Friday, September 7, 2012

Food Friday: Quinoa Recipes

I haven't done a Food Friday post in a few months, and I thought I'd share one of my favorite things - Quinoa! It's been very popular the past few years and there are so many versatile recipes and uses for Quinoa.

does a better job at explaining the benefits of Quinoa and shares a basic recipe as well.

Basic Quinoa Recipe SkinnyTaste

Another recipe from Gina @ SkinnyTaste

Southwestern Black Bean, Quinoa, and Mango Medley - SkinnyTaste

shared a recipe from Glam Hungry Mom for a BBQ Chicken Quinoa Salad
BBQ Chicken Quinoa Salad - ABPetite and Glam Hungry Mom

Have you ever tried Quinoa? If so, what are some of your favorite recipes? 



All recipes are from SkinnyTaste.com and abpetite.blogspot.com.
Go check out their websites for wonderful recipes!

4 comments

  1. I have it twice a week for dinner just a big plain massive bowl of it!
    I could live on the stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a versatile grain, I've even seen recipes for Chocolate Quinoa Mousse - which seems interesting!

      Delete
  2. Try this one...it has become a favorite in our house especially after I started using the multicolored quinoa.
    Cooked quinoa - 1 cup
    Cooked beans, corn - 1 cup
    Chopped fresh tomatoes - 1 cup
    Chopped onions (white or red) - 1/2 cup
    Crushed fresh garlic - 2 cloves
    Lots of chopped cilantro.
    Mix everything together, can add salt and if you have taco seasoning add a little of that.
    In a separate bowl mix olive oil, lime lemon juice, cumin powder, salt to taste mix well and add this to the above bowl.
    Serve with warm tortilla ( can add fish/grilled chicken to make healthy burrito).
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing Miramar! This sounds delicious - I'm adding this to my must try list!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you :)