Thursday, May 9, 2013

Instant Artwork Ideas {DIY}

I love a great art print in a matted frame, but I honestly don't want to spend *that* much as prints can be really pricey! So instead I am sharing my ideas of inexpensive ways to create instant artwork, for just a few dollars. 

{1} Specialty Paper
I started out my hunt for inexpensive artwork by finding scrapbook paper at my local Michaels (probably 20 cents a page on promo!). I loved these because of the print and because I can easily add color with some light strokes of watercolor paint (i left them as is for now). I kind of love the simplicity of these no?


I also love the idea of using some fine paper or wrapping paper as art. I love the selection of fine paper from paper source.

{2} Free Printable Prints
I found these free printable botanical prints from A Daily Something. They come in an 8 x 10 or 9 x 12 print. I mean how adorable are these and she has three series! There is something serene and calm about these botanical prints. Here is set one, two, and three. I have the first version but love the idea of the other ones to change up throughout the year.



Also, I love this print for an office which I saw on Saffron Avenue. Save the printable art to your desktop. Select print and adjust to the size you like. I did mine in 5x7.

{3} Fabric
Fat Quarters. I don't know much about fabric, but I see these "Fat Quarters" at Joann and Hobby Lobby and I can only assume most are use for quilting (correct me if I am wrong!). Anywho, these are pretty inexpensive at less than $2, and I find these to be a better bargain that buying a half yard. You only need a little bit, and they come in so many patterns and colors.

I love these inexpensive ways to create artwork for your home! Let me know what you think in the comments below or if you have any other ideas on how to get chic artwork on the cheap.

1 comment

  1. these are great tips! I should use some pretty paper to easily fill some frames - great idea!
    -- jackiejade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you :)