Tuesday, February 5, 2013

TV to Talk About: The Carrie Diaries



Let's talk Carrie Diaries, because I would love to hear your thoughts on this. If you haven't heard, the Carrie Diaries is a prequel to the beloved Sex & the City, which tells the story of a teenage Carrie Bradshaw.  I've heard mixed reviews on this, but quiet frankly I like it as a light-hearted TV show. Yes, it is aimed toward the teenage crowd, but like Gossip Girl I think it has room to grow. It's replaced GG in the time slot, so I think it's trying to appeal to the same crowd.



As for the comparison to SATC, it's the not the same. But I think it stands good alone and the narration is done very well. I'll admit, I was anti-Carrie Diaries yet its starting to grow on me and after watching four episodes, I think it's done pretty well.

Okay, so your turn to chime in. What do you think of the Carrie Diaries? Have you watched it? Love or Hate it? Let me know!

xoxo. j.

3 comments

  1. I like it! Partly for the sweet 80's fashion and references, but also because it is "light" and I don't have to pay attention like I do when I watch Revenge :) New follower from the brightside blog hop!

    And I'm Jasmine from Chicago!
    www.formosacandidus.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you looking for limousine services in San Francisco? San Francisco Limo Service Servicer offers best limousine services in san francisco and Sfo Services for weddings, tours, proms, parties and airport transportation service.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Im hearing so much about this show. its everywhere i turn. maybe thats a sign i should check it out.. following ur blog. check mine out http://makeupjunkielife.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you :)