Sunday, July 1, 2012

June Favorites - Skincare, Clothing, and Music

Hi Everyone - I can't believe June has flown by - It's crazy how we are in the midst of summer. As June ends and a new month begins, I thought I'd share my favorite products, clothing items, music, and more that I have enjoyed for the entire month.

First up is my Holy Grail Skincare Product. At 23, I am still pretty young, but I have very dry skin. I have been searching for years for both a moisturizer and cleanser that will hyrdate my skin, but won't make it overly greasy or make my skin breakout. I have searched the high end department stores as well as the drugstore, and today I can officially say I have found something that works. I have been using two products since before memorial day and I am in love. Those two products are the Clarins Gentle Foaming Cleanser with Shea Butter for Dry or Sensitive Skin ($21), and the Clarins HydraQuench Rich Cream for Very Dry Skin or Cold Climate ($49.50). These two products are very pricey and if I could find something cheaper, that'd be amazing. But for now I won't stray from these two proven products.



I've also been loving my Lush Godiva 2 in 1 Solid Shampoo bar. They are such a weird concept, but honestly they clean well and I love this one. This one smells like Jasmine and makes your hair super soft.I'll do a more indepth review on the lush shampoo bars later.



My favorite fashion item has got to be my J.Crew Featherweight Cotton Cardigan that I picked up in a J.Crew sale ($29.99 plus 30%) a while back. This is the lightest, thinnest, and most comfy cardigan I own. It's perfect for summer, and much cheaper in store than online. Surprisingly, it's my only black cardi (odd!) and I love it. I've been looking for other ones in XS in store, but all the good ones are hard to find!


I've also been loving my J.Crew Ankle Toothpick Jeans (I believe these are the wash?). They're super cute slightly rolled up and seriously one of the most comfortable pairs of jeans I have ever worn. I'm glad I picked them up!

Now my favorite songs this month has got to be I would do anything for you - Foster the People. It's such a happy, feel good song!


What have been some of your favorites for June? I'd love to hear them :)

4 comments

  1. I have the same problems with my skin,it is extremely dry and sensitive.My HG products for the skin are the kiehls cleaner and kiehls panthenol cream.
    In june i have gone crazy for jcrews shirts,i ordered the keeper chambray and the stripe popover and love them both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ina - Thanks for sharing! I will have to check out the Panthenol Cream from Kiehls. I heard good reviews about it! J.Crew has been amazing this month, but let's be honest they always are! :)

      Delete
  2. I have the same problem with dry skin.. I got a sample of the Clarins cleanser and I loved it instantly. I'll have to try out the Clarins cream! Great post!
    Brittney
    Check out my favorites:
    http://beautybybrittney02.blogspot.ca/2012/06/june-2012-favorites-time-for-summer.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brittney, You should definitely try the Clarins cream, it's a bit pricey but so worth it! Also, I'm totally subscribing to your blog! I love your posts :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you :)