Monday, June 11, 2012

Mid-Year Shopping Plan

It's June - How Crazy! So I remember reading Shop with M's Shopping plan back in January (see here) and thought it was the most clever thing. Since I graduated college a year ago, I've been trying to revamp my wardrobe with more classic and versatile pieces that are still good for a 23 year old :). I've decided to do a mid-year shopping plan as 2012 is halfway over. I'm hoping this helps curb my spending habits a bit, but I've also learned how to shop a bit better. Maybe you all can keep me on track :)

Shoes - I need a basic flip flop, similar to the Tory Burch Thora sandals, but I just can't justify the price tag on those bad boys. So a white flip flop is on the hunt! I'm also in need of a good nude, comfortable pump for the office. There's always tons of those, but I'm looking for ones in my budget and in the right color nude. As always this fall - I will be on the hunt for the perfect brown boots. Hoping for something similar to the Steve Madden Intyce boots.




Jewelry - Would love a rose gold ring or bracelet. It's super trendy, but I'm not sure how much I'd love the color on my skin tone, but we got some time to see :).  I also want a new pair of stud earrings. I love my Tiffany pearl earrings and I literally wear them everyday, but I think I need a bit of a change. I'm definitely looking into pave studded earrings or the small Tory Burch logo studs in gold to switch up my everyday routine.



Bags and Accessories - As far as designer bags go, I think I'm good for this year. I might pick up the boardwalk tote from J.Crew as a fun summer bag, but that'd probably be it. As for accesories I might pick up a colorful scarf in a J.Crew sale or a chunky knit loop scarf in the fall/winter, but it's not a must have. Also a good swimsuit is much needed.


Sweaters - I swear I have so many cardigans and I do not need any more. I'm not huge on sweaters, because I think they make my body look awkward, but if I find a nice pullover that'd be nice.

Skirts-  Oh boy, maybe a good pencil skirt from J.Crew or a lace skirt, but I think I am good with the skirts for this year.

Blouses / Button- Up Shirts - I really love sleeveless tops for summer and layered in the fall and winter under a cardigan. I'll probably pick up a few more of those before the summer ends, because they work well for layering. I definitely want to pick up a chambray shirt and a gingham shirt.

Dresses - I'd love more work type dresses that are of appropriate length and style, esp. for the winter.

Shorts -  I have enough. I usually stick to the basic khaki or grey short.

Pants -  I love a skinny black pant and will probably pick up another pair of the J.Crew Minnie Pants or something similar before the year is over. They are so comfy and so flattering. As far as work goes, I really do have enough pants - although I hate most of them.

Jeans - I'd like a pair of white or colored jeans, but lets be honest, i've done my jean shopping for the next few years. See here if you want the backstory ;)

Coats / Blazers - I'm always on the hunt for a good affordable blazer, and I'd love a new casual jacket for winter / fall that's not long. I've long for the schoolboy blazer from J.Crew, but I just can't justify the price tag for how often I'd wear it.



Let's hope I can stay on track! :) If you've created a plan, how well are you sticking to yours?

2 comments

  1. I love your shopping plan! You've inspired me to create a plan. Thanks SO much for sharing yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rynetta! This was actually a really fun post! I owe it all to shop with m and my non-wallet friendly shopping habits ;)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! I'd love to hear from you :)